To Get This Tutorial Click Below
HRM 326 Week 2 Individual Assignment Quiz
1. In cultures with a short-term orientation, the orientation is toward the past and present.
2. Less rigorous training methods such as lectures and briefings focus on communicating factual material and help expatriates and their families develop communication skills required to interact in another country.
More rigorous training methods factor in factual material and help develop communication skills, whereas less rigorous only focus on factual material.
3. The link between diversity and company performance is both direct and indirect.
4. An organizational analysis involves determining the appropriateness of training, based on all of the following parameters, EXCEPT:
a. The company’s business strategy
b. The resources available for training
c. Support by managers and peers for training activities.
d. The competition’s market standing
5. A mid-level manager questioning aspects such as who should be trained is involved with which variable of needs assessment?
a. Organizational analysis
b. Task analysis
c. Person analysis
d. Feedback analysis
6. Trainees need to understand what specifically they are expected to learn in the training program.
7. To use__________________ to gain a competitive advantage requires linking the company’s human resources practices (such as training and development) to the business strategy.
a. Virtual capital
b. Human capital
c. Financial capital
d. Physical capital
8. Business strategy influences how the company uses all of the following capitals EXCEPT:
a. Physical capital
b. Financial capital
c. Human capital
d. Internal capital
9. Strategy has a particularly strong influence on determining the following, EXCEPT:
a. The need of training devoted to current of future job skills
b. The extent to which training is customized for the particular needs of an employee, or is developed based on the needs of a team, unit, or division
c. Whether training is planned and systematically administered, provided only when problems occur, or developed spontaneously as a reaction to what competitors are doing.
d. The importance of training compared to other human resource management practices such as selection and compensation.
10. All of the following are implications through the emphasis on learning, EXCEPT:
a. There is recognition that to be effective, learning has to be related to helping employees’ performance improve and the company achieves its business goals.
b. Unpredictability in the business environment in which companies operate will continue to be the norm.
c. Learning has to be supported only with physical and technical resources
In the reading I did not find anything to support this train of thought, however, I am also not sure that (b) has anything to do with emphasis on learning, and so the answer could also be (b).
d. Tacit knowledge is difficult to acquire in training programs, companies need to support informal learning that occurs through mentoring, chat rooms, and job experiences.
To Know More Tutorials Visit